Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dermatitis around anal area. Using steroid cream but I think food is causing it. Maybe milk and cheese?

Dr. said I have dermatitis around anal area. Going on for 5 months and I am beginning to think the cause is milk, cream, and foods with lactose. I haven%26#039;t been able to tolerate milk for years but I went on a diet and started to eat a lot of low fat ice cream, skinny cows, creamer in coffee, cottage cheese, low fat cheese and I think I overdid it. I use steroid cream now and desitin which seems to help but it never goes completely away. Anyone else out there hear of this?|||Have you tried non allergenic toilet paper?|||Don%26#039;t use the steroid cream for too long; your skin will thin and become dependent on it. You can use the desitin forever if you need to.





If it is caused by the milk products, you may have experienced some diarrhea when you ate them. That might cause some irritation to the skin.





Try lactose pills if you must eat dairy. Better yet, find something else to eat for your diet.





If you avoid dairy for about a week, you should notice an improvement.





Get some live acidophilus (the kind that must be refrigerated) from a health food source. That will help normalize your digestive tract, too, thus eliminating some of the irritation.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment