Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Son on steroid cream for very tight foreskin?

my 3 year old son has recently been put onto a steroid cream to help fix an overly tight foreskin which is causing a few problems. hes been on it a few days and today noticed that he has developed a bright red line on the foreskin about 1/2- 1 cm and looks like the skin may be starting to split from the extra pressure. has anyone else had to use this cream and if so did it work or any problems?|||its from attention shall i say i think since hes a young one his skins still sensitive


i would recommend just get a circumsizion i had one because of the same problem and im 13 now , no problems since|||Follow your doctors advice. Personally I%26#039;ve never heard of that issue.|||A 3 year-old%26#039;s forskin is usually still adhered to the glans. has someone been trying to retract it prematurely? The rule is %26quot;if he can pee, let it be%26quot;


http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/|||my son had the cream too but no reation like that. Get back to the doctor and have it checked|||why dont you just get him circumsized it would save him alot of pain and he might be greatfull for it in the long run|||get that kid back to your doctor pronto!|||My son was put on the same cream somewhat younger than your son is now. I found more problems around getting the cream on/in than anything else. I didn%26#039;t notice any lines around his foreskin, so I%26#039;d go back to your doctor and get it checked out.





Because getting the cream on was SOOO difficult we didn%26#039;t persist for very long. Thankfully this situation resolved itself.|||I know very little about this situation except for two things:





Any form of pharmaceuticals given to youngsters is not a good idea, no matter who says so. The only intake kids need is loads of fresh greens and protein. I won%26#039;t go all veggie, but easy on the dairy, that was supposed to come from Mom and stop at teething.





There really isn%26#039;t anything wrong with circumcision, at three years it is probably painful, but when little Dan%26#039;l Boone understands it%26#039;s a Man thing and can save America from the Martians..... you get my point.





My Mom had me sliced up in case of germs, and I have no memory of it. At three years, who knows what he may remember, but once he is married and down the road a few doors, he won%26#039;t wave it over your head! I like my me as I am, and so do whatshername and her sister....|||It%26#039;s unusual that the cream is needed on a 3 year old, but you don%26#039;t say what problems the overly tight foreskin is causing. I haven%26#039;t heard of that side effect and it sounds more like a side effect of an attempt at foreskin retraction rather than the cream. But if you think the cream is causing problems then take him back to the doctor so they can see what the line is all about. Studies show the cream is very effective, although those studies are done in teens when it is usually used. I wouldn%26#039;t recommend circumcision either with the info you have given. There is a helpful forum for parents of intact boys at http://www.mothering.com (go to their discuss section) so you could post your question there as there are some experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment