Monday, December 21, 2009

Does anyone have a cure for tennis elbow - tried CT cream which has helped - don't want to have steroids!?

And has anyone tried acupuncture for it please?! And did that help/cure it?!Have tried it for sciatica and it was brilliant!And wondered if it would work as well for this ailment!|||Unfortunately tennis elbow is a form of repetitive strain injury (RSI) and you can and do get this from working at at computer.





Contact the RSI Association for full information (google RSI). In the meantime, I found seeing an osteopath very very helpful, both for realigning the bones in the arms (if they are even slightly out this will create additional pressure on your elbow and wrist joints) and also for alleviating the muscle pain and reducing inflammation.





In addition to this, rest is good (yes I hear what you say about having to work....I%26#039;ve been there too on this one....!). You need to seriously think about all the things you use your arms/hands for in your life (housework, cleaning the car, gardening, driving, walking the dog, decorating.....) and CUT DOWN on everything. Simply cutting back on just the computer work is not enough, especially if you are using your arms/hands for other things. Seriously, a little rest now on all of it, will pay dividends in the future, don%26#039;t let it get so bad (like I did) that you are seriously hampered in all aspects of your life.





Apart from that, regular breaks (from whatever you are doing) are a good idea. I personally haven%26#039;t tried acupuncture, but it may well worth too.|||I suffered terribly with tennis elbow and like you did not want steroids, tho they are good. Ask your doc to refer you to have some remedial splints fitted. They are soft supports and they re-educate the muscles to return to thier correct position. The only thing is that for a while the splints cause a bit of pain but its worth it. I had this about 6 years ago and it has never returned. I had tennis elbow very badly so give it a go but you will need to persevere with it.|||Wise not to go down the steroid route as it is a short term solution with longer term problems. As you%26#039;ve tried acupuncture before with good effects, go there again. Acupuncture has a great track record with tennis elbow - as do osteopathy, chiropractic %26amp; homoeopathy.|||Rest - give your elbow a chance to heal!|||Stop playing tennis!|||Tennis elbow are strained ligaments from the hand to the elbow.I had it myself from taking a homerun swing but missed.Unfortunatlly it is a TIME injury.I had to wait 6-8 weeks.There is no fast cure and I know it hurts,its just a matter of time before it goes away.|||I went and saw a chiropractor which was the best help. He got me some sort of strap to wear on my arm. After being in pain for so long this really helped.|||Accupuncture can work wonders, especially as it has worked for you before. Alternatively, try a chiropracter - they sorted it out for my wife in just one visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment