Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is there any ways to clear away ECZEMA without using steroid cream?

The corner of my mouth and below is red, dry, flaky and painful. I had this problem for 5 years now and it%26#039;s on and off. I have had been to many dermatologists and they prescribed the same stuff like hydrocortisone, fluocinolone, betamethasone etc. I depended on it regularly for the first year and the problem got cleared off. 2 years later the problem came back and I applied those creams and it went off for a period and then it came back again, it just goes on and off till the point I got very fed up and went cold turkey from steroid cream, I figured that those stuff would only darken my skin tone around my mouth. I went on trying out natural stuff like putting aloe vera etc and it only helps a bit. To cut the story short I found something that kind of cleared away the problem but it only lasted for 9 months and now the problem is back again.





Am I doomed to use back steroid cream?





Is steroid cream the only way to clear the redness and pain at the corner of my mouth and chn area?





Can moisturizer alone repair the skin condition and clear away the redness? I%26#039;ve tried many from Aveeno to La Roche-Posay with not much success. Now trying california baby botanical moisturizing cream.





The only facial wash I use is Cetaphil gentler cleanser.





I%26#039;m getting frustrated and depressed and I hope somebody could answer this. :( I have done food allergy test and skin test before, I am not allergic to any food, and the skin test result was I%26#039;m allergic to a fragrance called Lyral.|||My dermatologist told me not to use the steroid cream on my face, it is too harsh. Have you tried Elidel? It%26#039;s not a steroid and it%26#039;s safe to use on the face.|||Recently I read a study about the treatment of eczema by the use of bleach. It was dumbfounding that bleach which is commonly used in laundry can treat eczema, a chronic skin disease. Studies say that as many as one in five school-aged children have eczema, medically known as atopic dermatitis that affects youngsters鈥?appearance, sleep and their ability to concentrate in school and in public place.





Robert Brodell, a professor of internal medicine and dermatology at Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, says dermatologists have been working on the treatment of eczema for about 20 years, but this is the first scientific study on the topic. This article gives the recommendations from the study:


http://www.knowabouthealth.com/laundry-b鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment