Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Steroid Cream Betnovate?

Hello my face broke out onto a painful rash so i used a steroid cream called betnovate which i once used to treat a rash on my arm. I used the cream for about 3 days i applied it to my fore head on my nose under my eyes and on the side of my face but i did not know until now that steroid creams cause thinning of the skin so i am worried it may have caused this so could someone please tell me the symptoms and can the effects be reversed thank you|||Hi there, right so has the betnovate actually done anything to either a)help the rash or b) visibly damaged your skin??


I use betnovate all the time as it was prescribed to me for my eczema. It is only supposed to be applied extremely thinnly on the skin.


However, I wouldnt worry if you%26#039;ve only used it for 3 days (unless there are obvious unwanted side effects). Your skin is tougher than it seems, and the thinning of the skin occurs after regular use over periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment