Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Overuse of topical steroid cream! PLEASE HELP..bad skin!?

okay so i had slight eczema on my face and i used topical steroid cream (which was previously prescribed by my doc for eczema on my elbows)..the eczema went away from my face but i still continued to use A LOT of it.. on my face...(not knowing that it is very powerful) .NOW..my face is irritated and i have bumps all over my forehead and a few red spots on my cheeks..


it is obviously..irritated...what can i do to make it better...


-i stopped using the cream obviously..and im not using any harsh creams or soaps...what else can i do? ice? (please give me some methods)|||Never apply a steroid cream to the face without advise from a Doctor!! It thins and damages the skin leading to scarring.





Simple cream like Aqueous cream should be used, this is non irritant and can be used as a soap substitute. Try not to use much else as these may irritate further. The skin should begin to recover now that you%26#039;ve stopped using the steroid. Maybe see the Doctor to check that the damage is not permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment