Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Doctor recommended putting a small amount of steroid cream on pimples?

I have a big event to go to this Saturday with my husband, and this morning I woke up to THREE jumbo zits on my face!! In such emergencies as this I usually go to my doctor who does a steroid injection and they are gone overnight, but my doctor was booked up and instead prescribed me a steroid cream (the same my daughter uses for her eczema) and said to put a small amount on the affected area. Two of the 3 pimples already popped accidently when I was washing my face, so I don%26#039;t know if that is a good or bad thing either. Will this work as well as the injections? Has anyone else ever done this?||| I am sure the shots would work better since they go under the skin and the cream is a topical, which might take a little longer but in the end have the same results. For your special night,there is a quick fix to get you through the night. Preparation %26quot;H%26quot;! Thats right. Just like it shrinks hemmoroids, it will shrink the bump/zit and make it less noticeable. |||I myself have never used a steroid creme for zits, but I have a friend who does, and she swears that it works really well to get rid of pimples.|||No it will not be as good as the injections but it can work. Don%26#039;t worry if some have popped because there is nothing you can do about it. But never try to pop a zit. It only cause inflammation which will take longer to heal.





Call and ask you doctor if they have samples of either Duac or something similar. (Ziana or Differin) Those should help dry those pimples up fairly quickly. Only use a tiny amount on the pimple only, as they can dry the skin and cause flaking.





Good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment