Saturday, December 12, 2009

Can I apply topical steroid cream to excema whilst pregnant??

I am 26 weeks pg and have always suffered from excema, though it hasnt flared up in the last year..until now!! I have it really bad on my hands and wrist and its driving me mad. The dr usually prescribes me Fucibet, which works wonders, but I was just wondering if I could still use this being pregnant? (or any other steroid based cream)|||i wud check the packet to see if u can use it when pregnant some arent suitable...i wud speak 2 ur midwife or doctor|||I have a prescribed topical steriod for similar skin issues, and NO, I wouldnt use it...the steriod can soak into your blood stream through your skin...and you dont want give that to your developing baby.|||No no no


o_o


Excema can be cured by Murad, ironically a Acne treatment.


its in a pamphlet.


Step 1


step 3


MORNING


step 1


Step 2


Step 3


Evening.


no lie..|||I%26#039;ve used it on my daughter with excema but I didn%26#039;t think to ask the doctor. I sure hope it%26#039;s ok since I%26#039;ve already gotten it all over me in the process of trying to put it on her! :)|||You need to ask your ob.. Some topical meds are not safe during pg. You can also try looking it up on safefetus.com.|||NO you cant. The only way you would be able to is if you doctor clears it but i very much doubt it that he will. All creams are soaked into the body any gets into your blood stream! talk to your doctor please dont go by someone here telling you yes. Good luck!|||Probably not. Topical steroids are absorbed through the skin and many cause birth defects. I would contact your OB/GYN for an alternative treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment