Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can steroid cream damage be reversed? Is there alternative cream treatment than steroid cream?

I have been using hydrocortisone cream on my face for 10 years. For most part it worked wonders for my skin problem, its only in the last 12 months, that my skin has become very thin, flaky, blotchy, sore and very very red. Its causing me a great deal of embarassment. I cant look in mirrors, I walk with my head down, I avoid crowded places. My skin becomes very dry and flaky and blotchy and red. Nothing I do seems to work, I have tried washing my face with e45 cream wash, using e45, and a host of other gentle moisturisers. Is it too late for me? Its there anything that I can use that will return my skin to normal? I havent gone to a dermatologist yet, out of the sheer embarassment of the fact that I stupidly used steroid creams on my face for 10 years! I dont know what to do. Its ruining my life. If someone can help, whos going through the same or have gone through the same. please help! I just want to have normal skin like everyone else.|||I just gotta know....why did you use this cream on your face?|||you%26#039;re only supposed to use steroid cream for skin conditions for only a short amount of time. it%26#039;s not supposed to be used for 10 years Report Abuse
|||Go back to your dermatologist he may have advice to the thinning dry blotchy patches. as for a non-steroidal cream investigate Elidel. I have severe eczema and know how you feel...and it%26#039;s not your fault it%26#039;s your doctors for not telling you the hazards of steroid creams!

No comments:

Post a Comment