Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How do I treat a four month old's excema without using steroid cream?

I am currently using vaseline as recommended by the doctor and it is working ok but not great. She has two decent sized patches on the left and right sides of her face that come and go.|||I found that the best stuff that worked on both my kids (3years, 3Months) and myself is Cetaphil lotion. It works wonders. My sons both have patches on legs and back and mine is on my left cheek. Also, don%26#039;t use regular soaps! There are special ones that are found at babies R us that work great. If my sons are having a particularly bad case, I avoid soap and just wash them in plain water for a couple of days.|||My son had this same issue when he was a baby. His pediatrician recommended using a combination of vaseline and a hydrocortison cream. It worked great and cleared up the eczema.|||Try Aveeno Baby and also Eucerin cream both of these helped when my daughter had it. My sister had to actually change my nephew%26#039;s diet because his excema was caused by food allergies....so maybe try eliminating wheat from is or your diet if you are breastfeeding....he had it when he was about the same age and she had to actually change her diet cuz she was breastfeeding......I dunno they just say that excema can be caused by allergies.....but those two lotions definatly helped me.|||I%26#039;ve found that Eucerin works. Also if you want something prescribed ask for Lotrimin. I hope I spelled it right. Good Luck|||kill her . joking I think you should try elicon , it works great for excema , heals in about 2 days , I%26#039;ve used it all my life, also , go to Wal-Mart or CVS and find some baby excema cream , thats what it is called.|||try using aveeno lotion and aveeno soap it worked wonders with my daugther. i have also tried cetaphal (sp) and its wonderful too.|||I use an homeopathic cream called Florasone it works wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment