Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is thinning of the skin a TRIAMCINOLONE STEROID cream side effect?

I have eczema and was prescribe triamcinolone cream sort of like ( the thick Euricen cream). I used it for years and then the skin on my inner thighs and hips where I used the cream the most began to thin and wrinkle. My skin started to turn silvery-white and then darkened over the years. I went to a new dermatologist and he said that it was from using the cream too much and then prescribed me Elidel (that did not help) is this a common side effect and if so is there anything to reverse thinning of the skin? It looks as though I have strechmarks from far away until you get closer and see that my skin is actually very thin and wrinkled. So is this a common side effect? and how do I reverse the thinning of the skin I was thinking about get surgery to have the skin on my inner thighs removed but I don%26#039;t think this is possible being that I%26#039;m a very petite women and probably don%26#039;t have enough skin for the surgeon to stitch me back together.|||absolutely. These products should not be used in cosmetically sensitive areas, like the face. Stop the product, and several months to a year later there may be some improvement. I do not know of any antidote other than time...|||I also use a topical steroid and was told only to use on affected skin because it will thin the skin in the areas applied

No comments:

Post a Comment